WE ARE NOW OPEN!
As we gradually reopen, some of the first changes you will experience are indicators for healthy physical distancing, the spacing of fitness equipment, ample access to hand sanitizer and sanitizer stations, and significant disinfecting of equipment and activity areas throughout the day. As well, we will deliberately phase in areas and amenities of low risk as we grow back to full capacity.
What the Y is Doing
- Personal Protective Equipment for All Staff: All staff will be required to wear masks.
- Self-Scan: Members will be asked to self-scan to allow for limited contact entry.
- Designed for Social Distance by Physical Distance: All open areas inside the Y have been evaluated and redesigned where necessary to help to help social distancing by physical distancing between members. Signage will be placed prominently throughout the facility to drive awareness of this requirement.
- Cleaning: In addition to sanitizing equipment by staff every two hours and the request of our members to wipe down equipment after use, the facility and equipment will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected each day by using products and processes in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Environmental Protection Agency.
How We’re Asking Members to Help Maintain Safety
Y staff will be stationed throughout the facility to assist with cleaning disinfecting equipment and to answer questions regarding new guidelines. The YMCA appreciates members’ adherence to the following safety precautions during their visits:
- Stay Home If You’re Sick: Members should stay home if they don’t feel well. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and state public health officials encourage seniors and members of vulnerable populations, including those with underlying health conditions, to stay at home.
- Keep the Kids at Home: We are unable to provide Kids Stuff at this time and recommend you not bring children and other family members with you as common area seating will be extremely limited.
- Bring a Towel, a Mask, and a Water Bottle: Members will be asked to bring their own water bottle and a workout towel (towel services will not be provided). The Y also requests that members bring a mask and wear it whenever possible, especially in common areas where other members are present.
- Keep Your Distance: Please exercise on designated equipment only and respect all signage regarding social distancing. Strive to maintain at least six feet between you and others whenever possible.
- Expect Reduced Capacity: We may have limited capacity due to government and health department guidelines. To ensure proper social distancing by physical distancing, our wellness areas will have a limited capacity.
- Remember to Wipe Down Equipment: Please help us reduce the risk of exposure by wiping down all equipment, weights, etc. with the provided cleaning materials.
About MacColl YMCA
The MacColl YMCA has provided childcare, swimming, camping and other successful family programs for over 60 years. The new two-story 52,000 square foot year-round facility includes a 25-yard Lap pool as well as a Family Activity pool with a double loop Waterslide and Spray area. The new facility has a full court gymnasium (with 6 half courts) for basketball and other sports as well as a full scale Rock Climbing Wall. The facility also includes a 5,000 square foot wellness center, complete with treadmills, elliptical cross trainers, weight machines and other fitness equipment. Additional site improvements of the 125-acre site next to Route 146 include expanded parking and hiking trails.
Jeanine Achin, Executive Director
Janet Whelihan, Member Services Director
Paige Snyder, Childcare Director
Jeff Smith, Health and Wellness Director
Jordan St. Clair, Early Childhood Education Director, Cumberland
Lori Lyons, Early Childhood Education Director, Lincoln
Allie McCormick, Aquatics Director
Dan Cameron, Aquatics Coordinator
Jariah Gray, Membership Coordinator
Jay Cusati, Youth Sports Coordinator
Mike Laprade, Director of Maintenance
32 Breakneck Hill Road
Lincoln, Rhode Island 02865
HOURS OF OPERATION
Mon-Fri: 7:00 a.m.- 11:00 a.m.
Mon-Fri: 3:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m.
Saturday: 7:00 am – 11:00 a.m.
By reservation only