Pawtucket Family YMCA CHILDCARE
A key component of the Pawtucket Family YMCA’s programming, developed with strengthening families and their communities in mind, is before and after school childcare for kindergarten to 8th grade.
Through its childcare services, the Pawtucket Family YMCA hopes to:
- Fortify and support the bonds that unite families.
- Challenge and encourage children so that they improve their intellectual, physical and social skills.
- Nurture attendees’ character traits of compassion, honesty, respect and responsibility.
The Family YMCA’s child care sites are licensed by the Rhode Island Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF). Safe, accessible and age appropriate environments promote active learning under the supervision of professional level directors, child care counselors, teacher assistants and classroom aides, all of whom are required to complete 20 hours of training per year. The curriculum consists of homework time, fitness readiness program, arts and crafts, sports play and quiet games. Special events are planned in celebration of typical holidays.
Additional features of the Family YMCA’s affordable childcare services are:
- Sibling discounts
- Discounted rates with a Full Facility and Youth Program membership
- YMCA financial assistance
- Subsidies through the Rhode Island Department of Human Services
- Access to YMCA activities such as swimming, youth sports and specialty programs
- Convenient hours, operating from 6:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Year-round care (summer camp opportunities)
- School vacation week camps that include swimming, creative activities and entertainment
- Healthy snacks
- Transportation to and from schools
- Dinner Program
Please check for availability. To make an appointment, to take a tour and for more information, call (401) 727-7900.
Links and Downloads
Download and Read the Parent Childcare Handbook
Download and Read the Parent Childcare Handbook- Spanish
For more information please contact Courtenay Good- Senior Program Director of Youth Development at 401-727-7900