WelCOME TO THE PAWTUCKET YMCA
As we gradually reopen, some of the first changes you will experience are indicators for healthy physical distancing, the spacing of fitness equipment, ample access to hand sanitizer and sanitizer stations, and significant disinfecting of equipment and activity areas throughout the day. As well, we will deliberately phase in areas and amenities of low risk as we grow back to full capacity.
What the Y is Doing
- Self-Scan: Members will be asked to self-scan to allow for limited contact entry.
- Designed for Social Distance by Physical Distance: All open areas inside the Y have been evaluated and redesigned where necessary to help to help social distancing by physical distancing between members. Signage will be placed prominently throughout the facility to drive awareness of this requirement.
- Cleaning: In addition to sanitizing equipment by staff and the request of our members to wipe down equipment after use, the facility and equipment will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected each day by using products and processes in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Environmental Protection Agency.
How We’re Asking Members to Help Maintain Safety
Y staff will be stationed throughout the facility to assist with cleaning disinfecting equipment and to answer questions regarding new guidelines. The YMCA appreciates members’ adherence to the following safety precautions during their visits:
- Stay Home If You’re Sick: Members should stay home if they don’t feel well. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and state public health officials encourage seniors and members of vulnerable populations, including those with underlying health conditions, to stay at home.
- Keep the Kids at Home: We are unable to provide Kids Stuff at this time and recommend you not bring children and other family members with you as common area seating will be extremely limited.
- Bring a Towel, a Mask, and a Water Bottle: Members will be asked to bring their own water bottle and a workout towel (towel services will not be provided).
- Keep Your Distance: Please exercise on designated equipment only and respect all signage regarding social distancing. Strive to maintain at least six feet between you and others whenever possible.
- Remember to Wipe Down Equipment: Please help us reduce the risk of exposure by wiping down all equipment, weights, etc. with the provided cleaning materials.
About Pawtucket Family YMCA
The Pawtucket Family YMCA is a hub for well-rounded lifestyles, offering people of all ages opportunities to become fit and healthy through physical and knowledge-based activities at an affordable price. The Family YMCA is a state-of-the-art facility operated by a friendly and top-notch staff that manages a renowned programming calendar aimed at motivating and challenging members of the Y.
The Family YMCA has numerous areas where members can exercise, socialize and learn. Those venues include an updated fitness center that features more than 100 pieces of equipment; a four-lane swimming pool for an extensive aquatics program; a Ready to be Fit room for individual and group training; an expansive traditional gymnasium; 1 racquetball court for players of all levels; a BRAND NEW Functional Training Room for Personal and Group Training; classrooms for lectures, seminars and tutoring; and spaces for celebrating birthdays and other occasions.
Whether it’s participating in one of more than 20 group exercise classes; acquiring skills and learning about friendly competition through one of the many youth programs; enjoying a family swim; or attending special events such as Healthy Kids Day our Annual Block Party and Splash Week, the Pawtucket Family YMCA is an organization that will enhance the lives of adults and children alike.
Pawtucket Family YMCA Staff
Kristin Quinn, Executive Director
Aisha Laliberte, Membership Director
Courtenay Good, Sr. Director of Youth Development
Maria Marin, Health Equity Director
Shelly Millett, Health & Wellness Director
Veronica Paris, Aquatics Coordinator
Dan Walsh, Facility Director